Just like wind turbines need maximum, uninterrupted wind to function optimally, the major business challenge in running wind farms lies in generating maximum energy at an optimal cost to make it a viable energy production platform.
The TASM2M Wind Farm solution is a next-generation technology for wind park owners and operators that helps them to measure, monitor and control turbines in real-time without field visits. It provides centralized remote monitoring and diagnostics services for turbines in order to achieve the best production and the lowest maintenance cost. .
- Monitoring every aspect of the turbine operation remotely.
The web-based interface helps operators to access wind farms from any location, any time.
- Its open API supports wide range of communication protocols.This enables easy integration of the wind farm with all the other renewable assets in the operator’s portfolio.
- It helps to continuously monitor and measure the temperatures and production of wind turbines and discover potential problems before they become large failures.It also tracks wind turbine status and detects abnormalities by monitoring various components like water cooler, generator, blades, sensors, gear box, hub controller, and so on.
Performance Monitoring & Maintenance:
- Cluster of sensors like accelerometers, encoders, temperature sensors, lubricant-consistency sensors, and humidity sensors mounted on the wind turbine gather data and prevent potential damage to the wind turbine components.
- The data fetched from the sensors are converged to compute the wind speed, wind direction, and temperature.
Trend Analysis & Reports:
- The TASM2M Big Data module has historical data reporting capabilities which allows operators to monitor the current temperature of a bearing and allows them to track the bearing temperature -- over the past day or month or even year.Plus, detailed reports on the turbine functioning, asset performance, alarm status, and other functions generated, help operators take corrective action when the wind mills are not in the energy-generating mode and have the turbines fully available during other times to generate electricity.